The Gay Ottawa Volleyball (GOV) league is a volunteer, non-profit volleyball league catered mainly to the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer, and LGBTQ-friendly within the National Capital Region (NCR). The league provides an inclusive and fun environment, but also serves as a healthy social venue for the LGBTQ community in the NCR.
GOV offers 2 different nights catered for beginner/intermediate (Monday nights, see ‘Recreational’ in the main menu) and competitive players (Wednesday nights, see ‘Competitive’ in the main menu).
2018-19 Board Members
GOV is managed and operated by a Board of Directors, consisting of eight volunteers. The Board generally meets once a month to plan and organize GOV’s programs and events, as well as make strategic decisions about GOV’s long-term sustainability. Four Board member positions are elected each spring at the Annual General Meeting, as current Board members conclude their terms. The 2018-19 GOV Board consists of:
- Tim Klodt, Chair (email@example.com)
- David Muddiman, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andrew Dings, Vice President (email@example.com)
- Dean MacDougall, Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- James Clemens, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Charlie Brenchley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mark Frankish (email@example.com)
- Jacob Schwartz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In addition to the Board of Directors, GOV is made possible through the hard work of coordinators who volunteer to take a leadership role with a particular aspect of GOV’s programming, and help recruit other volunteers to help with those programs and events. Many Board members are also coordinators, but you do not have to be a Board member to get involved! If you are interested in contributing to GOV as a volunteer, please write to the GOV President, David Muddiman (email@example.com).
Monday Night Recreational Drop-In
Douglas Copp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wednesday Night Competitive League
Mark Frankish (email@example.com)
Skills and Drills
David Muddiman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Communications, Member and Volunteer Engagement
(Acting) David Muddiman (email@example.com)
Charlie Brenchley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sponsorship, Fundraising and Partnerships
Nominations and Annual General Meeting
Committees and By-Laws
At our Annual General Meeting in May 2018, GOV members adopted new By-Laws as a foundation for GOV’s governance. As GOV grows, the Board is actively working on building its governance structure in order to maintain GOV’s long-term sustainability. This has included the creation of committees to coordinate GOV’s operations. Interested in finding out more about GOV’s governance? Want to get involved in any of GOV’s committees? Please write to the GOV Chair, Tim Klodt (email@example.com).
- Core Programming Committee (Chair: Andrew Dings)
- Tournaments Committee (Chair: David Muddiman)
- Events Committee (Chair: Charlie Brenchley)
- Policy, Finance and Governance Committee (Chair: Tim Klodt)
- AGM and Nominations Committee (Chair: Vacant)