Dear GOV members:
The Gay Ottawa Volleyball Nominations Committee is accepting applications to serve on its volunteer Board of Directors.
Every year, four (4) positions of the GOV Board of Directors are up for election. The Board is composed of eight (8) director positions in total. The election will take place at the Annual General Meeting on May 8, 2019.
We hope to receive a record number of nominations with a view to having a diverse, talented and dedicated pool of candidates to draw from for the Board of Directors and are especially looking for qualified candidates who have skills and experience in non-profits, fundraising and leadership.
All candidates must complete the nomination form, and should have passion and a commitment towards carrying out GOV’s mission of providing a safe environment for the LGBTQ (and allied) community through the sport of volleyball in the National Capital Region.
By submitting your name in nomination as a candidate, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill the role and responsibilities of a Director. Every Director has a responsibility for the management of GOV, and has a legal obligation to act honestly and in good faith in the best interests of the organization. In particular, Directors are expected to:
- Attend all Board meetings and participate fully in Board deliberations;
- Be prepared to serve in Officer or Coordinator roles as required;
- Lead or assist in organizing GOV projects, events, or activities;
- Place the interests of GOV above any personal interests;
- Support Board decisions once they have been made;
- Be informed of GOV programming, operations and finances; and
- Comply with GOV’s by-laws, policies, and all applicable legislation.
Completed applications must be sent to Nominations@govleague.ca by 5:00pm on Saturday April 20, 2019.
Candidates will be acclaimed if the number of candidates running for election is less than or equal to the number of electable positions.
Chair of Nominations Committee