Gay Ottawa Volleyball host tournaments every year that cater to competitive, intermediate and recreational skill levels. Tournaments are a great way to develop your skills, meet people and get involved with LGBTQ+ communities in other cities.
Our Annual Tournament and Gala
Teams from across North America come out to the GOV tournament every year! This weekend-long event includes an opening night social and a gala with delicious food and a fabulous show and dance!
- This season’s tournament and gala will take place March 30-31, 2019!
- Registration will open here on our website at 7pm sharp on Sunday January 20, 2019!
- The tournament will take place at two locations:
- Teams should plan to play at either location. Your team may play at RSC on Sat Mar 30, and then at UOttawa on Sun Mar 31, or vice versa.
- Teams will not change locations in the middle of a given day.
- Our gala venue will be announced shortly!
- Team fee will be $725 for 7 players or less ($50 for each additional player).
- The team fee includes 7 tickets to our gala on the Saturday night!
Information for Team Captains
- Last year we filled up very quickly! After you register your team, we will contact you within a few days to inform you whether your team is confirmed or on the wait list.
- We prioritize your team’s registration based on:
- The timestamp of your complete online registration form, and
- The timestamp of your team payment
- We do reserve a minimum number of spots for teams from out of town, but register as soon as you can, even those spots fill quickly!
- After you complete the online registration form, please pay your team’s fee via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not need to provide your full team roster at the time of registration.
Annual Beach Volleyball Tournament
GOV also hosts a beach volleyball tournament every summer. The date for the 2019 tournament will be announced in the spring!
North American LGBTQ+ Tournaments
Toronto’s Spartan Volleyball League (TSVL) hosts a tournament every fall and spring in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA):
- Rise of the Spartans – November 24-25, 2018
- Return of the Spartans – June 1-2, 2019 (registration opens April 29)
Volleyball Boréal hosts a tournament every Easter weekend:
- le Tournoi Odyssée – April 20-21, 2019
knock-OUT runs an annual tournament in London, Ontario called the UNCAGED Volleyball Tournament. UNCAGED is one-of-a-kind sporting experience for straight and LGBTQ+ athletes hosted at Supreme Courts Volleyball that helps raise money for underprivileged LGBTQ+ youth in London’s community.
The North American Gay Volleyball Association (NAGVA) is a not-for-profit organization committed to promoting and developing the sport of volleyball in the LGBTQ+ community. Cities from across the continent host NAGVA sanctioned tournaments that are both competitive and fabulously fun!