- This event has passed.
29th Annual Tournament and Gala
March 14 @ 7:30 am - March 15 @ 5:30 pm$791
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/727123297691228/
Gay Ottawa Volleyball presents our 29th Annual Tournament and Gala!
- 2-day tournament, 45 teams
- competitive and intermediate divisions
- teams from Ottawa as well as out of town
- meet and greet party on Friday March 13
Don’t miss our ever-growing Gala on the Saturday night, at the Canadian Museum of Nature, with:
- buffet dinner with seating (unassigned)
- awards and door prizes for tournament participants
- special performances from Gay Ottawa Volleyball
- silent auction
- 50/50 draw
- tickets will be available to the public for later entry, for the dance party and even more entertainment!
The theme this year is “Gaymanji: Welcome to the Jungle!”
Tarzan and Jane (or John!), George (or Georgina) of the Jungle, the Lion King (or Queen!), the Jungle Book, Fern Gully, Jumanji, King (or Queen) Kong, Crocodile Dundee, you name it!
Get into the theme and serve us what inspires you about the jungle!
Registration opens Sunday January 5, 2020 at 7:00pm ET
Cost per team is $791 ($700 +HST) and includes 7 tickets to the Gala on Saturday night
You can purchase additional gala tickets for your team via registration ($50 plus tax, limited number available)
Registration link will be available on our Facebook event page and here on our website.
To register, team captains must:
- complete the online registration form (google form), AND
- send an e-transfer payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spots will be confirmed according to (1) the timestamp of the completed registration form, then (2) the timestamp of payment being sent.
Please complete the registration form before sending payment.
Completed rosters are not required for initial registration. Teams will have until Friday Feb 14 to confirm a minimum of six (6) players on their roster. Teams without six (6) players on their roster on Feb 14 risk losing their spot to a team on the waitlist. Roster changes are permitted until the first day of the tournament.
*****ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT INFO*****
The tournament will take place at two locations:
- University of Ottawa Montpetit Gym
- Rideau Sports Centre (RSC)
Teams should plan to play at either location. Most teams will play at both venues over the weekend. Either at RSC on Sat Mar 14, and then at UOttawa on Sun Mar 15, or vice versa.
Teams will not change venues during a given day.
To be eligible to participate in Sunday playoffs, players must:
- be listed on their team’s roster, and
- have played at least one point of match play on Saturday